In today’s digital world, it’s easy to overlook traditional marketing methods like flyers and postcards. However, when utilized effectively, these tangible marketing materials can complement your digital efforts and deliver measurable results. In this article, we’ll explore the power of flyers and postcards as marketing tools and provide strategies to make them measurable, allowing you to track the success of your marketing campaigns.
The Power of Flyers and Postcards: Flyers and postcards have unique advantages that set them apart from digital marketing channels. They offer a physical presence that engages potential customers in a tangible way, leaving hopefully, a lasting impression. Here are some reasons to consider using flyers and postcards in your marketing strategy:
- Targeted Local Marketing: Flyers and postcards allow you to target specific geographical areas, reaching potential customers in your local community effectively. This localized approach can be particularly beneficial for businesses with brick-and-mortar locations or those targeting a specific demographic.
- Tangible and Memorable: Unlike digital advertisements that can be easily scrolled past or forgotten (banner blindness) flyers and postcards provide a physical representation of your brand. They have a tactile quality that engages multiple senses and can leave a lasting impact on recipients, increasing brand recognition and recall.
- Versatility and Creativity: Flyers and postcards offer creative flexibility in design and messaging. You can showcase your brand’s personality, showcase new products or services, offer promotions, or highlight upcoming events. This versatility allows you to tailor your marketing materials to specific campaigns or objectives.
How to Measure:
- Unique Tracking Codes and URLs: Incorporate unique tracking codes or custom URLs on your flyers and postcards. These codes or URLs can redirect recipients to specific landing pages or offer pages on your website. By tracking the traffic generated from each code or URL, you can measure the effectiveness of your marketing materials in driving online engagement, conversions, or sales.
- Call-to-Action and Coupon Codes: Include a clear call-to-action on your flyers and postcards, urging recipients to take a specific action. Offer coupon codes or promotional offers that are exclusive to those who received the marketing materials. By tracking the usage of these codes or offers, you can attribute sales or conversions directly to your flyers and postcards.
- QR Codes and NFC Technology: Integrate QR codes or Near Field Communication (NFC) technology into your marketing materials. These tools allow recipients to scan or tap the code with their smartphones, directing them to a landing page or offer. By analyzing the scan or tap data, you can gauge engagement and measure the success of your offline-to-online transition.
- Landing Page Analytics: Create dedicated landing pages for your flyer and postcard campaigns and track their performance using web analytics tools. Monitor the traffic, bounce rates, time on page, and conversion rates for these landing pages. By comparing the metrics against your campaign goals, you can determine the impact of your marketing materials on driving online engagement and conversions.
- Customer Surveys and Feedback: Include a survey or feedback mechanism on your website or through follow-up emails to gather insights from customers who interacted with your flyers or postcards. Ask specific questions about how they discovered your business, their impressions, and their actions taken. This qualitative feedback can supplement quantitative data, providing a holistic understanding of the effectiveness of your offline marketing efforts.
Flyers and postcards can be invaluable marketing tools, offering a physical and memorable connection to your target audience. By incorporating measurement strategies like unique tracking codes, landing page analytics, and customer feedback, you can make your offline marketing efforts measurable and track the success of your campaigns. Need help with your next marketing campaign? Reach out! Our team of exports can support your marketing initiative covering both the digital and traditional landscape.